• As long term value investors we distinguish ourselves by seeking out and buying companies based on reasonable valuations.
• We pick stocks as though we are buying the whole company and prefer to buy businesses that have some competitive advantage or franchise that will preserve the company’s ability to deliver attractive returns going forward.
• Not driven by quarterly performance or a need to build market-like portfolios, this gives us the ability to add value for our clients over the long term.
• This result is a portfolio built with our best ideas.
• We believe that consistent outperformance in fixed income portfolios can best be delivered through a diversified set of independent views.
• As part of this strategy, we use a disciplined risk management approach, independent research and collaboration with our equity team to add value to our fixed income portfolios.
• The overall result of the process is intended to deliver consistent risk-adjusted returns through differing economic and investing cycles.
• Risk is defined many different ways in our industry. At Leith Wheeler we look at risk as the chance of permanently losing money from an investment.
• Volatility only concerns us when we buy or sell, otherwise it is a source of opportunity for patient investors.
“ESG factors are integrated into our overall investment process. Our approach is bottom up, not top down, and security selection is based on fundamental research with a strong "value" bias. This includes both a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the business and its risks. We recognize that poor ESG practices can have an impact on the company's balance sheet and income statement, and can affect the sustainable performance of our investments over the long term. We will not invest in a company if we are not comfortable with their business practices.”
- Gordon Gibbons, CFA, Head of Pension Portfolio Management
Contact us to learn more about our Advisor Services.
Vice President, Investment Funds
© 2017 Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by SiteCMTM— web content management made easy by ideaLEVER Solutions.